If you ever set up a sequence of emails in Infusionsoft's Campaign Builder, you probably are aware that Delayed Timer emails aren't easily tracked in your Broadcasts or Marketing Reports.
The reason why is because delayed-timer emails send to each Contact individually, depending on when they entered your sequence & what time your delayed timer is set to.
This could lead to guessing (ACK!) how many of your Contacts actually opened your emails….until now!
Thanks to Automation Links and a ninja trick shared by fellow Infusionsoft Certified Partner, Mike Doughty, you can tag each Contact who opens your email so that you can analyze the effectiveness of your delayed-timer emails and/or run a secondary sequence for those that opened your email— awesome sauce!
If you're ready to know who's opening your emails, check out Mike's quick video walk-through on setting up this ninja trick or follow the written instructions below:
- Navigate to Marketing > Settings > Automation Links > Automation Link > CREATE LINK
- Name Your Automation Link (ex/ Opened Email 6.21.14 “ACME Widgets”)
- Skip the next 3 fields
- Click SAVE
- Return to the top of the pop-up and COPY your link name
- Click the ACTIONS tab (this tab appears only after you have saved your Automation link)
- SELECT “Apply/Remove Tag” from the available Actions
- CLICK Create New Tag Link… below the available Tags (unless you already have one created)
- PASTE in the Tag Name Field the Automation Link Name you copied
- SELECT a Category
- CLICK Create Tag
- Click SAVE
- Click SAVE & CLOSE
- Next to the Automation Link you created, hover over EDIT
- Look in the bottom left-hand side of your screen and notice your link # displayed. Jot that number down.
- COPY this code
<img src="~Link-[YOUR-LINK-NUMBER-GOES-HERE]~" alt="" width="1" height="1" />
- Replace YOUR-LINK-NUMBER-GOES-HERE with the # you jotted down
- COPY that updated code
- Return to the email you want to track opens on
- CLICK the Snippets Tab
- SELECT HTML
- DRAG it to the footer area of your email
- PASTE in your Automation Link Code in the text area
- Click SAVE
That's It! Now when someone opens your email they'll be tagged! This will allow you to gauge your sequence and subject line effectiveness PLUS you could even start a new sequence based on your Contact's interest you just tracked (Tag-Applied Goal)!
In the comments below I'd love to hear how you're using Automation Links to Ninja Up your Marketing!